... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Der alte Fritz - Berlin, Germany *.

Guten tag!! 
Destination: Berlin, Germany 😻

First stop, Berlin! 
Here I am at the Checkpoint Charlie :) 



Onto the restaurant review:

I came to Der alte Fritz to try the infamous German pork hock.





The interior of this restaurant has a wooden theme and is very spacious. 





There are patio seats here but it was too chilly when I went. 
Service was okay. 





DRINKS:





Water - I'm listing this as part of my beverage because it costed me 5€ for a small bottle of water. But then again, it's Europe. *sigh* Like most places in Europe, the beer was cheaper than water.


APPETIZER:




Salad - Can't comment much on this except, it's healthy haha




PORK HOCK (3/5)
(Served with potatoes and sauerkraut)

I thought German pork hocks were salty but this wasn't salty at all. In fact, I had to add salt to mine LOL. I feel like the taste wasn't enough. This dish came with potatoes and sauerkraut, the sauerkraut was definitely needed for flavour!! 





On the plus side, this was great for pictures and had a wow factor to it when served to us. It's a huge portion. We were told that this portion was actually for "babies" hahaha - now imagine the "adult" pork hock portion D:




Ice cream was served to finish off our meal.
Chocolate and Vanilla!

Another touristy pic:

I'm touching the Berlin Wall
There is a museum located behind this wall fragment. 
Checkpoint Charlie is located across from here. 





€€  German
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 29
10178 Berlin
Germany

0 comments:

Post a Comment