... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Carisma *.

My boyfriend and I came to Carisma for dinner. 



This was after multiple trolling (him making me back and forth on the street because he wants to confuse me as to where we're actually going) LOL. #petersurprise well done. I thought we were going to St. Lawrence Market at one point hahaha.


The atmosphere is dim and candlelit - great for date nights! Service was excellent. 




Our server was very entertaining and checked on us at good intervals. He was great at answering the questions we had about the menu items (translating some words for us in Italian haha).


* BREAD
It was complimentary bread but I felt like I should write a note about it.. It's yummy!! I love how sizzling hot it was - the olive oil + salt was a great combo for dressing.


* TAGIATELLE IN BUTTER AND TRUFFLE SAUCE (4/5)
I loved this pasta! It was one of the pastas of the day, which was recommended by our server. Loved the truffle sauce. I've always been a fan on truffle-anything so I am picky when it comes to this! The sauce was creamy and flavourful, the cream does not overpower the truffle flavour. I'd recommend you order this if they make it available for the day :)


* BRANZINO (3/5)
(Mediterranean Sea Bass, Grilled with olive oil and lemon)

This was ok - I felt like the lemon sauce was too much. The fish tasted sour-y because there was too much lemon juice drenched over it. It would be much better if the lemon juice was toned down a bit!


* OSSO BUCO ALLA MILANESE (2.5/5)
(Veal Osso Bucco, Saffron Risotto, Herbed Gremolata)

This was too bland for my liking. The risotto was watery due to the sauce from the veal. The veal didn't have much taste to it - not sure if this was marinated. I wouldn't recommend this dish.

Overall, I'd recommend ordering the pastas at Carisma.


$$$  Italian
73 King Street E
Toronto, ON M5C 3J6

0 comments:

Post a Comment