... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Friday 3 March 2017

Eat BKK *.

Jess recommended Eat BKK for our double date dinner and we all loved it! It was super cold out so good thing she booked a table for us in advance.. There was a long line up near the door for seats! This place is boutique-sized so I'd recommend you book a table before heading here. Service was great. 


Appetizers:


* SHRIMP CHIPS (4/5)

I love shrimp chips!! I wonder if they make these in-house because the shrimp chips I usually eat at Thai restaurants are much thicker than these. The shrimp chips here are thin and flavourful. It comes with peanut sauce for dipping.


* MANGO SALAD (4/5)

Something healthy needed to be added to our list of items for the night! Mango salad was marinated very well - the mango were sweet and crunchy cashews were paired with it. 

Mains:


* GREEN CURRY + chicken (5/5)

I looooveeeddd my choice!! We were basically choosing the items that had a *thumbs up* on the menu, which was one of the popular / recommended items by Eat BKK. The green curry had a strong coconut flavour to it, for those who don't like coconut-flavours.. be warned! I love coconut flavoured thai dishes so this was perfect for me. This comes with a bowl of rice.


* PAD KRAPRAO KAI DAO (4/5)
(beef, fried eggs, basil, onions, pepper)

The listed items sounded very flat and plain from the menu, but P trusted the *thumbs up* icon and decided to order this. Wise choice *slow claps* haha. This was delish!! The beef was diced in tiny pieces and had soo much flavour to it. He mentioned he would order this again the next time we visit!


* KHAO SOI 
(egg noodle, bean sprouts, pickled cabbage)

Jess ordered the khao soi and I only had room to try a bit of the noodle soup - It was sooo goodd. I don't want to put a rating with this dish as I've only tried a tiny bit of her meal (too stuffed!) but my friend did mention this is her go-to dish whenever she visits (and she comes here very often).

Dessert:


* MANGO STICKY RICE (4/5)

I've always loved Thai mango sticky rice so I did make room for this dessert. We shared this dessert amongst 4 people, which I think is a good portion after a full meal. The rice portion was a lot (It was equivalent to the bowl of rice I got from the green curry)!! Loved the sauce that marinated the rice - I believe it is coconut milk (?) I highly recommend this dessert!!



4704 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M2N 5M4
4.0 star rating

0 comments:

Post a Comment