... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Friday 13 March 2015

Dragon Boat Fusion Cuisine *.

Came here for dinner on a weeknight - it was surprisingly very packed! Good thing we made reservations beforehand! I think the kitchen staff wasn't expecting that many people because our food took a while to come out. 


ROASTED PORK & JELLYFISH 3/5
Roasted pork skin was very crunchy - I don't usually like roasted pork but I thought they did a good job with this dish.


GEODUCK (sashimi geoduck and/or geoduck cooked in broth) 5/5
Omgosh.. a-m-a-z-i-n-g! We had geoduck at another Chinese restaurant before - they didn't slice the geoduck thin enough. The way they sliced it up here was perfect :)
Can be eaten as sashimi with wasabi and soy sauce or can be cooked in hot broth, dipped with spicy soy sauce. Both were delicious!
Personally, I preferred the cooked version more. We were all saying how yummy it was while nomming this - goldstars.. goldstars..!! Will definitely come back for more of this.


SALTED EGG YOLK BATTERED GEODUCK & ASPARAGUS 4.5/5
I believe it is the shell part of the geoduck that was cooked in the salted egg yolk batter for this dish. Very delicious!


SEA CUCUMBER with SHRIMP 4/5
Love the sea cucumber! It was very chewy and retained it's original flavour despite the sauces that were poured over it.

[I couldn't take a picture of this because the waiter cut everything up before I pulled out my phone and I just sat there like TOT...]

BRAISED RIB STEAK 5/5
The sauce is sooo good! The meat was very tender and juicy - soaked all the flavour in!



DESSERTS - RED BEAN SWEET SOUP, MANGO PUDDING & ALMOND COOKIES 3/5
I really liked the almond cookies because they heat it up before serving - mango pudding was also delicious.


160 E Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4A7

3 comments:

SML said...

Hi! I know you went here last year, but do you remember approximately how much the Geoduck dish costs? Great review btw! :)

SML said...

Hi! I know you went here last year, but do you remember approximately how much the Geoduck dish costs? Great review btw! :)

ch3rieberry said...

Hi SerSer! It was around $40/lb. I got around 6 and a half to 7 lbs so it was around $250-$280. The price is seasonal. I'd recommend a bigger size because there are more meat and it's more sweet! :D

- Cherie

Post a Comment