... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Miku Toronto *.

We came to Miku restaurant for Pbb's birthday.  

❤ Happy birthday PBB  



Miku is now our new favourite Japanese restaurant in Toronto :D Service was excellent. The quality and portion of food was perfect. 



We started our birthday adventure with Little Mermaid's Musical in the afternoon.. it was perfecttt omg I loved it. We watched Beauty and the Beast earlier this year but I think Little Mermaid's musical performance was better. Beauty and the Beast won in terms of production though :) 

Miku's interior is very spacious; a modern Japanese resto-feel.





I wouldn't mind sitting at the bar area actually, but I would prefer the table seats rather than the sushi bar because you cannot see the sushi chef make sushis due to the design of the bar.

We ordered the KAISEKI four course menu which was the perfect portion [for Piggy K].

DRINKS:
* Paua Bay Sauvignon Blanc [White] - Mine
* Otokoyama Tokubetsu Junmai [Sake] - His


First off - the appetizer! What a cute display :)

* 1 - COAL HARBOUR PLATTER 



(fresh oysters, oyster shooters, mussels, clams, jumbo prawns, poke, and scallop ceviche with kale gomae)

This was so fresh and delicious. 
We noticed the chefs really like to use daikon to pair with their sashimi. 



It was soo good :) Rich in flavour and did not take away the freshness of the seafood. Loved it!

* 2 - MAIN DISH 
(we chose the Prime ribs and Sablefish)


My sablefish plate 


P's prime ribs (medium rare)

My sablefish choice was better than PB's prime rib choice :P 
This happened so many times already LOL.. I loooved the marinated sablefish! 
It was sweet and soft - perfect. I will order this again when I re-visit Miku.


* 3 - ASSORTMENT OF FLAMED-SEARED SUSHI


It's too geeewwwddd - how'd they make the rice so rich and creamy?!


Definitely one of the best highlights of our meal. 
So delicious - I loved all of the assortment of sushis.
One of the best picks of our assortment was the rolled tuna sushi and also, the pressed sockeye salmon in Miku's signature sauce with jalapeno. 

* 4 - MATCHA OPERA CAKE (Dessert)



The matcha opera cake consisted of 7 layers: matcha butter cream, hazelnut wafers, chocolate ganache and azuki ( アズキ) bean cream. There was also matcha ice cream on the side. 

Birthday boy and his green tea cake  




I was super full by the time our desserts came so Pbear nommed the rest of my dessert for me, lucky him haha. 


^ Look at my attempt to hide the waiter LOL.. D:

We loved our experience at Miku and will definitely return to try more things on the menu.


10 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5J 2R8

0 comments:

Post a Comment