... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Thursday 6 October 2016

Pokito *.

I was invited to the opening of Pokito






It is a poke bowl restaurant opened by Bake Code, Chatime and Menufoodtrucks.





Ever heard of poke bowls? It is a Hawaiian dish which combines raw fish in a salad bowl.

"Poke" is Hawaiian for "to slice or cut" or "section", hence the sashimi blocks in this dish.






As this was a pre-opening event, I'm not going to review them on Yelp until I revisit :)






Firstly, thank you Hal & Brian for the invite!

At the media event, we got to choose the pokebowl of our choice, personalized with our names.





* 420 SIGNATURE POKE BOWL
   
(diced tuna and salmon sashimi mixed in ponzu lime sauce, sweet onion, cucumber, and hawaiian guacamole)

They spelled my name wrong :*( lol. I chose two items as part of the sides, mango and corn. 
I completely forgot about my love for guac. 

Side note: Poor PB had to wait across the street at a cafe when I was at the event ..awww!! :3



$$  HawaiianSeafood
420 Queen Street W
Toronto, ON M5V 2A7




0 comments:

Post a Comment