... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Akira Back - Toronto *.

😻  Happy December πŸ˜» 

Alrighty - I have to get back to blogging! It's been a busy month in November & December! 
More fun to come :) 

Starting off the December posts with the event I was invited to for the launch of a new restaurant. Michelin Star Executive Chef, Akira Back opened up his first Toronto location! The official opening is on December 7. I was invited as a media guest to try his launch menu items!

Big thank you goes out to Sandi for the invitation! I had the opportunity to try many yummy dishes before the grand opening. The decor is very modern and has a dim ambiance. I'd recommend this place for a nice fancy date because of the way the tables are set up. You get a lot of privacy if you're able to book the booths on the side.





😻  Bisha Hotel looking fancy on the outside (and inside)




😻  We had assigned seating because Akira Back invited both media people and guests to the event





😻  Starting off with a cocktail! We were asked to try every cocktail on the menu - I knew there were alcohol pairings with each dish so I've withheld myself from that offer haha






😻 Appetizer to start off: 
*  





😻  Jeju Domi - Loved this! The fish was very fresh and the sauce was paired very nicely. I wish they had a bigger portion for this dish!

😻  Salmon Tiradito - Compared to the Jeju Domi, I didn't like this one as much. The fish was very fresh but there was less flavour.





😻  Eggplant Miso
😻  Rock Shrimp - Sriracha Ranch

(I was meh on these two items to be honest..!)




😻  Seared Halibut - Mushrooms, Soy Beurre Blanc
😻  48 Hour Wagu Short Rib - Root Veggies, Quail Egg, Braising Jus

Wine Pairing: Shingleback Haycutter's Shibaz

I liked the Wagu Short Rib a lot! Wish there was a bigger portion haha. The meat was very tender and juicy - loved the marinated flavours!


😻  Yuzu Citrus - Sable Crumble, Strawberry Gelato

I enjoyed this dessert because there was a soury taste to it (mainly from the yuzu pudding). It was a great finish to our meal :)




😻  Black & White Sesame Matcha Cake - Salted Agave Ice Cream

The texture from the sesame was a great pairing with the salted agave ice cream. I'm a big matcha fan so I was surprised when I actually enjoyed the ice cream more than the cake! 




😻  The lighting at Akira Back was sooo dim :( I wouldn't take that many pictures because of this! 
Although - the good thing about it is, if you're taking your date here, it's the perfect ambiance ;)

Website @www.akirabacktoronto.com


80 Blue Jays Way
Toronto, ON M5V 2G3


0 comments:

Post a Comment