... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Thursday 1 February 2018

Heavenly - Waikiki, Hawaii *.

😻  First day of February! ðŸ˜»  

Waikiki, Hawaii

I've heard lots of great reviews about Heavenly so my P and I decided to check this place out ourselves! 
This is the very place where we experienced the local 'take it easy' term. We were waiting in line to get in the restaurant with one girl waiting in front of us 

We've also watched variety shows where people have visited this place. Mainly Japanese variety shows so that's why their menu has both Japanese and English on it (smart advertising).







The interior is very nicely decorated a warm, homey beach-vibe. There was an emphasis on the ingredients because most items that were indicated on the menu were locally grown.





Here's my experience for breakfast:

We ordered - 





* ACAI BOWL (4/5)
(Served with Big Island Bee honey & Hawaiian granola)

This was deeelish!! The only thing I'd like to see more is the granola - I would've given this dish a 5/5 if there were more crunchy bits! I'd recommend this if you want to cool off eating something healthy :) 





* LOCAL EGGS BENEDICT (4/5)
(Homemade hollandaise sauce with lilikoi butter, poached local eggs served with Okinawa purple potato & fresh local salad. Wheat muffin.)

My fiance ordered this one and I'm glad he did! The hollandaise sauce was done so well! It was creamy, smooth and the flavour was not overpowering the other foods. What surprised me was the Okinawa purple potato - it tasted very sweet and refreshing! I was hoping we would get more portions of this :)


----------------------------------------------------


We came back for dinner because we loved our breakfast experience. We ordered:




* KAUAI GARLIC SHRIMP (5/5)

Loved everything about this dish! The sides included locally grown corn, brown rice and kale salad. The shrimps were marinated nicely and was deep fried so you can also eat its shell! So yummy!





* LOCAL PORK  BIG ISLAND GINGER SAUTE (2/5)

My fiance ordered this one and I tried some of it - despite it being highly recommended, it doesn't live up to our expectations because the pork came out a bit dry. We should've gotten the loco moco instead!! The table beside us ordered it and it looked so good :(





😻 Here's my picture from our breakfast sesh! ðŸ˜» 

4.0 star rating


342 Seaside Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815
United States

0 comments:

Post a Comment