... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Wednesday 4 April 2018

Azyun Restaurant *.

😻 I hope everyone had a Happy April Fool's Day! ðŸ˜» 
I had so much fun playing Finding Waldo on Google Maps - the best update ever for April Fools!!!

After hearing great reviews about Azyun Restaurant, P and I decided to check this place out! 

We called on the same day to make a reservation and got a seat at the bar. Our server was very friendly and we got to watch him work the bar, making specialty drinks for the customers. I'd actually recommend the bar seats for a date night :) The restaurant is small so it's a good idea to book well in advance.

DRINKS:





* Azyun Caesar + a Pork Mantou (bun) - mine (3/5)
I compared this place to Nextdoor Restaurant because it gives me a similar vibe. I enjoyed the ND Caesar (at Nextdoor) much more than the Azyun Caesar because the tomato flavour is too light - it's almost watery. The part that earned its points is the pork mantou, it is sweet & crispy. Very delicious! I'd recommend ordering that on its own.

* Rickards Red - his

FOOD:





* TRUFFLE FRIED RICE (5/5)

Okay. Can we talk about how yummy this is?! Firstly, I'd like to mention that I'm pretty biased when it comes to truffle-anything because I love truffle oil infused everything. This was so good! Shout out to the mushrooms because it had the most truffle flavour. The poached egg was a great touch to the rice, it kept the rice from being too dry. I'd highly recommend this!






* CONFIT DUCK BIANG BIANG NOODLES (4/5)

The duck confit was very tender and flavourful. P made a comment about how he wished they added more meat and I made a comment about how they should add more veggies. So you get a mix of what we both prefer on this dish haha. Nonetheless, very delicious - again similar to the truffle fried rice, the poached egg was a nice touch.






* LAMB RIBS (3/5)

Here's the difference in opinions - P loved this because the lamb flavour (or smell) was very strong, whereas, I didn't really like that part. This dish is very sweet and very saucy. I could only take one! The rest got devoured by the lamb-meat-lovin' dude beside me.

Overall, I had a great experience here and I plan on bringing my friend here next time!



4.0 star rating



144 Main Street N
Markham, ON L3P 5T3

0 comments:

Post a Comment