... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Monday 20 July 2015

Boralia *.

Delicious! Surprise dinner at Boralia after a loooong walk at high park with le boyfriend - included zoos, lakes, trees everythanggg.. Was pretty tired when we got here.. but the food thoughh ..!  w  
Happy monthly anniversary shenanigans bb!  ❤ (this is such a late post haha #throwback) Great choice for this new Canadian food - it's supposed to be based off of foods back in the day. Cute concept!



We were pretty much famished by the time we got to Boralia. Here's the bar area. It's a small place. I don't think they take reservations so we came here for an early dinner.


I started off with their signature drinks - cocktails for cheers and clinks! :)
I ordered the Grapefruit Shrub Spritz - so sweet and delicious! It tasted like soda with a hint of alcohol taste. 
My boyfriend ordered the Neustadt Springs 456 Marzen Lager.


SPICED SCALLOP CRUDO (3.5/5)
(Wild Ginger, Pickled Ramps, Fermented Chili Cucumber Water)

The scallops were very fresh and yummy - a great start to our meal. I would've liked it a lot more if the chili taste was stronger.


VENISON LIVER & FOIE GRAS PARFAIT (5/5)
(Blackcurrant Red Wine Gastrique, Bread Crisps)

Yes, I'm giving this dish 5/5 stars! Maybe I'm biased because foie gras are my fave.. but this was perfect. The foie gras parfaits were so addicting!! Highly recommending this!


PIGEON PIE (4/5)
(Roast Squab Breast, Asparagus)

The squab meat was SO good. They marinated it so there was so much flavour to it. The first couple of bites of the pigeon pie was the best comfort food of the meal - but then I got super full from the pie and my boyfriend had to finish the rest of it up (which I'm sure he wouldn't mind..) haha!


PAN-ROASTED ELK (4/5)
(Wild Rice-Crusted Egg, Cranberry Gastrique, Burnt Onion, Radish)

The elk meat :DD very very tender - I'd order this again and again. Even the radish was so delicious!!


59 Ossington Avenue
Toronto, ON M6J 2Y9

0 comments:

Post a Comment