... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Pai Northern Thai Kitchen *.

Had a great time at Pai! 
Our friends told Peter and I how good their curry is so we had to give it a try. 


Came here for an early dinner so we got our seats right away. The decor was so colourful and cute.



Funny thing is that Pbb asked me if it's like that in Thailand because I went for vacay there before and I'm like yaaa it's the SAMEE~ (I was like 4 - #noclue hahaha)

DRINKS:



OKANAGAN Beer (not mine haha) & Thai Iced Tea (5/5)

STARTERS:



CHICKEN WINGS (3/5)
Nothing too special - it tasted like grilled chicken wings, that's all.




TOM YUM SOUP (with shrimp) (5/5)
I loveeeed this - It brought up a good appetite since the soup was both sweet and sour (and a little spicy). Next time I visit Pai, I will order the large portion of this (I got the small one this time).

MAINS:



GAENG MASAMAN with braised beef (4/5)
(Sweet and sour, ginger curry. Served with steamed jasmine rice.)

The curry has a lot of coconut flavour to it - creamy and smooth. Very delicious!!
The braised beef could be more tender though!


KHAO SOI (4/5)
(Fresh egg noodles in a golden curry topped with crispy noodles, coriander, green onions.)

The braised beef was sooo good and tender in this dish! 
(Which we thought was weird because we thought they would use the same type of braised beef in the curries).

DESSERTS:



MANGO STICKY RICE (3/5)
It's yummy. I would've preferred a mixture of purple/black rice and white rice for texture.


$$  Thai
18 Duncan Street
Toronto, ON M5H 3G6

0 comments:

Post a Comment