... about ch3rieberry x ch3riebelly contact ...

Thursday 2 June 2016

Kiu Japanese Restaurant *.

♣ Happy June everyone!! 

I visited Kiu a couple of times for dinner.
:O Surprised at the ratings so far - I like this restaurant! 


It's located at the VIP theatre plaza; on the other side of the theatre (beside Goodlife).


I give +stars for its environment because it is very clean and spacious. 
I also like how there's a lot of windows, lots of light! 


It said on the menu that the chef choice sashimi platter is imported from Tsukiji Market. 
(One of my fav sashimi go-to places in Japan!)


MANKUNOUCHI BOX (4/5)
The display is so cute :D 


Loved all the items in the bento box, minus one item, which was the tuna fish guts [top right of the picture]. It looked slimy and gooey and we didn't want to try it but I did anyways. Its flavour tasted like it was marinated in Korean-style spicy sauce / wasabi sauce and the texture was raw octopus-like, very chewy. 
I wouldn't eat it again hahaha


The fish roe was delicious :) Also, the saba!


STUFFED CHICKEN WING DUMPLING (4/5)
[deep fried chicken wings stuffed with minced wagyu beef, pork, shiso, water chestnuts, cabbage & chives]

This is always my go-to dish in Japanese izakayas. Loved it! I order this each time I visit Kiu
If there was more sauce that goes with it, it would make it a lot better!


PRESSED SUSHI (3/5)
[12 pc of 4 kinds of sushi / 3pc each]

I liked the torched salmon pressed sushi the most. There was beef, mackerel... etc. 



You don't even know how many times I attempted to take that picture above... hahaha..
It would've been better if the pressed sushi could be held up by chopsticks, it kept falling apart :( 


BLACK COD FISH (5/5)


Nothing can go wrong with cod fish. Love ittt


TAKOYAKI (3/5)

Nothing special, would've liked it more if they added more sauce on top.


KARAAGE (3.5/5)

The chicken wasn't dry - it was nice, crispy and hot :)

* RAMEN SETS

Overall, the ramen sets weren't that good. (I thought this place was opened up by a ramen place..!!) 
I'd recommend the sushi/sashimi here instead.


WHITE SESAME SHIO RAMEN (3/5)

The neat part about this ramen is that it comes a cute wooden tool that you can grind the sesame seeds with. 


ASSARI LIGHT SHOYU RAMEN (2/5)

It lives up to what it's supposed to be, a very light broth - but the broth was too light, which made it not have much taste. (I didn't order this haha)



ROASTED GARLIC SHOYU RAMEN (3.5/5)

The most flavourful out of all the ramen sets I've tried. I'd recommend this out of the three.


$$$  RamenSushi Bars
169 Enterprise Boulevard
Markham, ON L6G 0E7

0 comments:

Post a Comment